Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quite the journey but I thought it was time for catch up

So we made the long trip from Japan to Phoenix. The transition was certainly difficult and it took several days for me to recover but overall I love it here. Phoenix is a nice area, the weather is great, the majority of the people are friendly, and I love the area we live in. The weekend after we got here we went house hunting with my awesome realtor. We looked at seven houses and the when we walked into the last one I knew we had found our home. It is about 2000 square feet and in a nice established subdivision. It is a little far from Marks work but the school district is nice and there is a park at the end of our row of housing. The house itself is on a big corner lot and has a HUGE backyard. It has a nice pool in the corner of the property that is completely fenced in. The yard itself is pretty much a blank slate. It is huge and almost completely dirt but I look at it and saw a lot of long term potential. The house is pretty plain on the front but has a nice sized two car garage and a small front yard that is all rocks so easy to maintain. When you walk into the house there is a huge space that is completely open but has a wall towards the end. I am going to make an adults only living room with a tv and a couch. On the other end I am going to put my formal dining room. I am going to paint an accent wall on the wall in the adult room and on the wall where I am going to set up my formal dining space. On the other side of the wall is a small but open kitchen that has an eat in area and a low wall that opens to a good sized family room. There is a tv niche and I am going to paint it the same color as the living and dining room. There is plenty of room for us to put our couch, Marks desk, and storage for the kids toys. On the other side of the wall in the family room and formal room is our four bedrooms and main bath. The flooring is all tile except for the bedrooms which has carpeting. It has four bedrooms so I am going to be able to have a spare bedroom. The main bath needs a lot of work. The lighting in the house is outdated but I think we are going to be able to update it over time. If you can't tell I am really excited about the house. It was a foreclosure and that has made my VA loan a pain in the ass. On top of that we have a lazy loan officer that hasn't been staying on top of things the way that we need her to. We were supposed to close on the 5th of November but it has been delayed because our loan officer didn't supply the necessary information in time so now we are going to have to stay in TLF for a few more days. It isn't that big of a deal but it is another $200 that I could have put toward the house. If you can't tell this is a major area of stress for me. For the most part my health has been up and down to even include something that was similar to a seizure. I have had several flares and have felt like crap a lot of the time. The doctors here have been very polite and helpful giving me the medication I need to deal and giving me referrals to the appropriate facilities. The hospital here is really just a clinic but my doctors in Internal Medicine have been very helpful. I spoke to my PCM and he believes I also have osteo arthritis. He gave me a referral to a reumatologist and I should be able to set that appointment soon. I also have an appointment for physical therapy and hopefully they can help me regain some mobility. Overall I am really happy with the attention my doctors have given me and am hopeful that I can get the care I need and possibly the medications that will help me.
The kids have handled the move pretty well. Alynna has taken it harder than Gavin and has been confused about why we don't have our things and where our house really is. Gavin has done really well and has been a huge help with Alynna. I waited quite a while to enroll him in school because we had to have the documentation to show we would live in that area. I didn't want to enroll him in the school that services the base and then have to move him again. He just started school last week and so far is loving it. Thankfully between what we did in transit and how far ahead the DODDS had him he is comfortable with his curriculum at school even though he missed a full quarter. He is making friends quickly and already has a crush on a girl named Rachel. Hopefully once we actually get into the house he will be able to make friends in our subdivision so he can ride his bike and play. Our subdivision is in a big U shape and only has two entrances so I feel safe letting him play outside once we get moved in.
Mark is doing really well. He started as assistant shop chief and is now doing a computer job in the flight where he is overseeing the training of the troops. His new flight is huge! There are more than 500 troops so his job is keeping him very busy. He is also having to repair the damage the person before him did. It is a lot to handle and I am trying to keep his stress at home to a minimum.
As for me like I said, I have felt like crap off and on and even had to take a trip to the ER because I had a severe muscle contraction on my right side. Thankfully there was no bleeding in my brain and Mark believes my Fibro and other problems may be related to a car accident I was in several years ago. It is certainly possible that I may have aggravated or re injured myself and that is what started all of this. There are days when I really struggle to get up and about but I am trying my hardest to maintain normalcy. I am really looking forward to moving into our house so we can settle in and stop living out of suitcases. Just in general between the upcoming doctors appointments and getting moved into our house I am really hoping my medical issues become more manageable. I am in a positive frame of mind even though Mark and I both have colds. I just can't wait to finally get into our house and get settled. I am really loving Phoenix and can see us happy here long term. There is a lot to do and hopefully once we get settled I am can get Alynna in a day care and find something to do with my time. I hope everyone is happy, healthy, and living a good and positive lives. I miss my friends in Japan but I am sending my love out to everyone reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment