Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feeling pretty good about the direction of things today. Still sick of waiting for orders...

Met with both my doctor and patient advocacy today. I will be meeting with one of the hospital directors on Monday to discuss my concerns. I am glad that there will finally be some resolution to that. When I saw my doctor we decided to try to switch out my Gabapentin to Lyrica. I will be weaning off my Gabapentin and I am a little worried about that making me feel worse but I am really hoping Lyrica will help my overall level of pain. I am sore and achy today but a long nap with Alynna helped a little. We are still waiting for a response from the EFMP program but one of Marks superiors has written a few emails that have become more and more strongly worded. He is asking where we are in the process and he has access and authority to talk to program supervisors that we don't. Still sick of waiting and still sick of hurting but I am really hoping we get some answers soon. I also spoke to my doctor about getting a wheel chair to use so we can go different places as a family without the horrendous crash I usually have after I am up walking around for a long time. She said that she would look into it and get back to me. If I can get a wheel chair maybe we can do more family stuff that will help pass the time until we leave. I am excited about getting home and seeing everyone though I am going to miss the friends I have had here tremendously! Even if our time here was cut short I have had the opportunity to experience things that a lot of Americans never will. There will be things I take home from this experience that have changed the way I look at things from a world and cultural perspective that you could never put a price tag on. I am feeling pretty positive about the future and hoping that some of the things I have done today will help us in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment